Friday, January 29, 2010

What Are You Waiting For?

It's kind of weird how I came about accepting Christ. So here's my completely honest story. When Brandon (my husband) and I started dating, he didn't tell me he was a born again Christian. I actually found out when I was snooping around his email. I found an email from Brandon's mom telling him how disappointed she was in him that he would go back to a Catholic Church after learning the Truth and that if he really cared for me why would he not witness to me and be concerned about my salvation. That's when i found out he was a born again Christian.

In winter of 1998, Brandon invited me to spend a few weeks in California with him to meet his family. They witnessed to me and as ashamed as I am to admit it, I "agreed" with them because 1) i wanted to be liked by them and 2) i also wanted them to stop "lecturing" me about the Bible. So for a while i was this "fake" believer. I would go to Church with his family but not whole-heartedly. After I had my first son, I really started to worry about his salvation and what would happen to me if i died. I slowly went from worrying about my salvation, wondering whether or not i was really even saved to really accepting Jesus as my savior. But then, even then, I would be embarrassed to admit it to my family because they were hard core Catholics.

Finally in February 2006, while we were visiting in CA, one of the services really hit home with me. It was about fully and truly trusting God and His Word and being obedient to Him. Pastor Pollack said, "Those who call themselves believers and who are not ashamed, but have not been baptized, what are you waiting for?" That evening, I was baptized. I publicly and outwardly acknowledged my acceptance of Christ as my savior. So there you have it. :)

Jeremie

(accepted Christ in 2006)

No comments:

Post a Comment